The social media impact is undeniable in today’s world. It has the power to connect strangers; to create intense positive or negative feelings through many different types of content & to bring awareness. Its impact is can also be professional: the platforms are now used to create business and for companies to expand their brand name by using advertising and other forms of communication. It has the power to create trends as the users are counted in billions in 2019. Finally, it can be a way to escape through creating your virtual reality. Through social media, people get to create a “digital image” that will be shared with other users which reflects the best parts of their lifestyle. My goal is to talk about all the impacts by reflecting on my personal experiences and knowledge to try to bring awareness and most importantly to listen and discuss readers opinions.
In 2019, Social Media it is …
- In the world there is a total of 3.499 billion social media users (as of May 2019)
- People have on average 7.6 social media accounts
- A user spends on average 142 minutes a day on social media a day.
- Business: 91% of lucrative brands use 2 or more social media platforms
- Messenger and WhatsApp handle 60 billion messages a day
- 74 billion dollars was spent on social network advertising in 2018
The top 5 most used is: